Saturday, April 10, 2010

Believe the Hype

Apple looks like it's got another winner on it's hands. The iPad launched with very strong showings based on the 300,000 plus units sold on the release date of the product.

Wifi problems were reported in a number of early release iPads, and will likely be solved with a software upgrade.



At one and a half pounds, it's much easier to carry my iPad around than to carry my laptop and accompanying bag. As someone who reads a lot of ebooks, I like to be able to take this outside and read on my deck. As an affiliate marketer, I appreciate being able to get out of my computer chair, not have a bulky laptop with me, etc.

But I'm also not ready to get rid of the superior power and speed that my desktop and laptop computers afford. Not to mention that, although it was touted as a new computing solution, it's not quite capable of things like multitasking (apart from it's own applications) that are essential to a good computing experience.

Overall, I'm pleased with the iPad and would recommend it without reservation. It's a great first attempt and will be improved as time goes on. Just wait until flexible screen technology becomes both viable and cheap enough to use on consumer products like the iPad. Believe the (iPad) hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment